Varicose Veins Laser Ablation - Post Procedure Instructions
1. Mobilize the patient after 4 to 6 hours once the anesthesia recovers.
2. Please hold the patient and make him/her walk for 20 mins. Then you can proceed for discharge.
3. Please Use the prescribed antibiotics and painkillers every day as per the discharge advice.
4. Do not remove the compression stocking for 2 days (up to 48hrs). This means no bath on the next day.
5. Remove the stockings and all dressing material on your legs on Day 3 and have a bath.
6. Apply thrombophob ointment after bath along the laser course area (medial side of the leg from groin to ankle). Wear Stockings again over this for up to 12 hrs
7. Stocking should be worn from day 3 onwards, every day for just 12 hours for 1 month to up to 3 months. Stocking should be worn during flight journeys.
8. Stockings should be removed in the nighttime from Day 3 onwards.
9. Ideal follow-up with the doctor is 1st week, 1st month, and 6th month from the laser procedure date.
10. Mild pain and swelling are expected for some patients after a week for up to one month. Compression Stockings will help in subsiding this along with pain killers.
11. For up to 2 weeks heavy exercises (like jogging, swimming, gym) and strain on the body should be avoided but at the same time, prolonged bed rest should also be avoided. Flight Journeys should be avoided for 2 / 4 weeks.
12. In Cases of patients with existing ulcers, Regular ulcer dressing should be done as prescribed in the discharge summary.
13. Follow up appointments available only on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Please call on 9989649498 to book an appointment