Blocked Fallopian Tube Surgeries For Infertility Treatment
There are two fallopian tubes in a woman. The fallopian tubes are responsible for transporting the eggs to the uterus. Fertilisation takes place in these tubes since the sperms travel to the fallopian tube to fertilize the egg. Hence, healthy fallopian tubes are essential for fertility. In some women, the fallopian tubes get blocked.
Symptoms Of Blocked Fallopian Tubes
Irregular menstrual cycles, lower abdominal pain, and abnormal vaginal discharge are some of the symptoms of blocked fallopian tubes.
Causes Of Blocked Fallopian Tubes:
Due to the following conditions, the fallopian tubes can get blocked.
- Endometriosis:In this, the tissue lining inside the uterus grows outside the uterus.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID): It is the inflammatory infection of the female reproductive system. Generally, it is caused by sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and chlamydia. PID leads to 1,00,000 female infertility cases per year.
- Uterine Fibroids: They are growths that which can occur inside, outside or in the wall of the uterus.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: It is a case in which the foetus develops outside the uterus. In 1 out of 50 cases, foetus develops in the fallopian tubes.It can also develop in other parts like cervix, ovary etc.
- Tubal Ligation Removal: This surgery is carried out to block the fallopian tubes; it is done to prevent pregnancy.
- Genital Tuberculosis: In this, the tuberculosis bacterium reaches genital tract and causes blockage of fallopian tubes and female infertility.
Complications of cesarean section can also cause blockage in fallopian tubes.
Diagnosis Of Blocked Fallopian Tubes
Hysterosalpingogram (HSG): In this, a contrast dye is inserted in the vagina which travels to the fallopian tubes. X-rays are taken to check for abnormalities.
Chromotubation: This is similar to hysterosalpingogram since dye is passed in the fallopian tubes. Then a laparoscopy is done to view the dye spilling in the fallopian tubes.
Sonohysterography: In this, an ultrasound is carried out to check for abnormalities in the reproductive organs.
Treatment Of Blocked Fallopian Tubes
Selective Tubal Cannulation: This non-surgical procedure is carried out to treat the blockages present near the uterus. In this, the doctor inserts a catheter which is passed through the cervix and uterus and into the fallopian tube. A balloon attached to the end of the catheter will unblock the blockages in the fallopian tubes. The surgeon might give a mild sedative to relax the nerves.
Surgeries To Open The Blocked Fallopian Tubes
Salpingectomy: In this surgery, a part of fallopian tube is removed to improve in-vitro fertilization success rates. It is carried out when the fallopian tube is blocked with fluid.
Salpingostomy:This is carried out when one end of the fallopian tube is blocked with fluid. To treat this, the surgeon will create a new opening in the section of the tube that is close to the ovary. This leaves a scar and the blockage might reoccur in three-six months.
Fimbrioplasty: This operation is performed to treat the damaged fimbriae. Fimbriae move the ova into the fallopian tube for fertilization.
Tubal Reanastomosis: In this surgery, the damaged parts of the fallopian tubes are removed and the healthy ends are joined. Generally, this procedure is carried out by abdominal incision; it can also be performed using laparoscopy.
Natural Therapies To Treat Blocked Fallopian Tubes
- Fertility Cleansing: In this, different herbs are used to detoxify the reproductive system as well as improve circulation in the reproductive organs.
- Systemic Enzyme Therapy: This therapy is used to clean blood and increase the circulation of the reproductive organs. It is used to treat endometriosis, uterine cysts, polycystic ovarian syndrome, abnormal blood clotting etc.
- Fertility Massage: This will help in reducing scar tissue and fluid build-up in fallopian tubes. In this, generally the fallopian tubes, ovaries and uterus are massaged.
- Castor Oil Therapy:For this, a piece of cloth is soaked in castor oil, heat is applied to it and it is used to massage lower abdomen. This remedy is used to treat ectopic pregnancy, sexually transmitted disease (STD), endometriosis, uterine fibroids etc.
Book An Appointment
Get In Touch With Us
- (+91) 99896 49498,99590 33037
- Dr. Abhilash Sandhyala
Flow vascular clinic,
Sree Krishna Diagnostic Center Building,
2nd Floor, Beside Kalamandir,
KPHB Main Road, Kukatpally,